A REMINDER ABOUT REPORTING POSTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A REMINDER ABOUT REPORTING POSTS

Post  Pendrin on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 00:06

If you wish to report a post to the mods/admins, it is imperative that you use the 'report' button in the top right corner of the post that you are concerned about (the symbol).
Please do NOT use the 'Report an Abuse' form found at the bottom of the page.

This is only to be used in extreme circumstances, for abuses committed that must go straight to an administrator, for example, if a mod's account were to be hacked and they were spamming and thus reporting the problem to the mods would be irrelevant. Aside from this, it is NOT to be used.

Despite posting this numerous times, outlining why it is important that you use the systems correctly and the benefits it has, I am still finding that people are using the 'Report an Abuse' form (at the bottom of the page) to flag up petty rule breakages such as spam. As I have said, this is not correct usage. I find it particularly unnerving that in spite of the fact that I have reposted similar messages in the past, people are obviously not heeding the warnings I have given and precede to misuse this system.
Whilst we thank you for reporting the posts and helping us, putting this system to incorrect use only make our lives more difficult.
Pendrin
Administrator

http://nerdsoup.englishboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A REMINDER ABOUT REPORTING POSTS

Post  Guest on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 16:46

Maybe you should make a rule against it? Then maybe people would think twice...

Back to top Go down

Post  VirtualDalek on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 19:18

I don't think it's that DS, I don't think everyone understands the difference Razz

Job/hobbies : Making a mess and blaming someone else
Fav' Movie Character : Johnny English

http://www.youtube.com/user/virtualdalek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top